Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Football Helmet Cake:
I was able to make this helmet cake for a person my boyfriend works with. He was all excited about his first referral and I was very thankful! I love you Tyler Thompson!! Anyways, this Philadelphia Eagles cake was almost the death of me! First off, it took me forever to try to carve the round shape. I still never got it to look quite the way I wanted. Then, we worked forever trying to mix the perfect color blue-green that would match the original helmet. I had already made the face mask two days before out of gum paste so that it would be completely dry. Once the helmet was covered, I realized that the face mask was way too tall and it did not fit with the look of the helmet. The night before it was due the next day at 4:00 PM, I attempted to make a new face mask. It seemed to be doing okay when I got it in place but when I tried to move it closer, it broke! Tyler cut down the one that was too big and it actually looked better than the new one I had made but eventually that one broke! So, unfortunately, I ended up having to hot glue the broken piece back on. It didn't look too bad but I was pretty sad about it...






  Cupcakes: Go Dawgs!
This was my first cupcake order! I was glad to be able to do this for a special little boy's birthday. I copied a cupcake collar I had seen online to place around the bigger cupcake with the Georgia symbol. The footballs were made out of fondant and so was the big "G." I loved doing these and I hope I can get more cupcake orders in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment